NatureSpot's new 100 Species Challenge will help people correctly identify 100 local wildlife species. More...
You may have your own reasons why you would like to take up the 100 Species Challenge, but here are five which we think are important:
- We need more contact with nature
- Wildlife knowledge is hugely valuable
- Help address the biodiversity crisis
- We need more wildlife data
- It's fun and personally enriching
Join now and get:
- Full access to our library of easy ID guides
- Unlimited ID help
- Invitation to online training events
- Invitation to join a guided walk and skills development event
- Your own 100 Species dashboard detailing your progress
- A personalised certificate when the target is achieved
The 100 Species challenge is open to all - getting started is easy. If you don't already have a NatureSpot account, just register on the home page (it is free and just takes a couple of minutes): https://www.naturespot.org.uk/user/register
Once registered, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to sign up. Thanks to Leicester City Council, we are offering free places to the first 100 people to sign up! If you do not qualify for a free place, you can still join by making a donation of £20 to help NatureSpot’s work.
Once set up you will receive a welcome email with more information and guidance together with access to our 100 Species support pages and identification guides on the website. You will also have your own progress chart on your dashboard page to keep a tally of how you are doing. All your submitted records and images can be viewed and edited on your dashboard. You can download our ID Guides describing over 200 species which we think can be easily found and identified. During the year you will be invited to join both an online training session and a guided wildlife ID walk. You can now start recording the wildlife species that you observe and identify in order to reach the target using either the NatureSpot website or our mobile phone app.
Please share this with anyone or any group you think may be interested. We look forward to welcoming you.