Franklin Park

    Wild places

    Total species seen at this site: 0

    Description

    This area had been fields up until the late 1930's when new housing development started. However, as war was imminent no further house building took place and the field was turned over to the Ministry of Food. After the war the field was acquired by Leicester City Council for allotments. Part of the allotments were sold to the Town Council in the 1970’s and converted into Franklin Park, all the existing hedges were retained. 

    Latest images

    Latest records

    Common Name Latin Name Date Recorded Recorded By
    No information available

    Group Common name Latin name Last seen
    No information available